Handcrafted from a 1970s vintage Stetson, the sleek St. Claire is a unique reimagining of a vintage flat brim hat, with a bold profile that reflects the style of the decade it was created in. The hat features a band crafted from deadstock woven cotton, complemented by an asymmetrical bow, pattern-matched binding, a strand of beads composed of dirty ivory pearl and stainless steel and a striking two-toned feather detail.
The St. Claire is finished with a special co-branded premium leather sweatband and deluxe quality satin liner. It comes in a custom hat box featuring hand-applied stamps and a topographical map of Pikes Peak—where, in the early 1860s, John B. Stetson created the first-ever Stetson hat.
This hat is part of The Upcycle Collection, a capsule of ten vintage Stetsons that have been reimagined and reborn in partnership with Ben Fife of Westward Leather Company of Spokane, Washington. Each hat has been cleaned, steamed and re-shaped using handmade hat blocks and finished with globally sourced textiles and design accents from Fife’s personal collection. The results are one-of-a-kind wearable works of art, each with its own unique character and story.
Due to the special nature of this item, all sales are final.
- Vintage Stetson Fur Felt Hat (ca. 1970s), Meticulously Restored and Reimagined by Ben Fife of Westward Leather Co.
- Size 7 ¼
- 4 ⅞” Pinch Front Diamond Crown
- 3 ¾” Flat Brim
- Deadstock Woven Cotton Band with Asymmetrical Bow, Pattern-Matched Binding and Feather Detail
- Dirty Ivory Pearl & Stainless Steel Beads
- Stetson X WLC Genuine Leather Sweatband
- Satin Liner
- Custom Co-Branded Upcycle Collection Hat Box
- Handmade in the U.S.A.