Taking a cue from the commanding Stetson profiles of the early 1900s, the Badlands announces its presence with a tall, pinch-front “Lazy V” crown and bohemian attitude.
Handcrafted from a 1970s vintage Stetson, it has a 3 ¾” stiff brim with subtle pencil curl and a 5 ¾” crown. The band consists of a vintage hand-block extract-printed cotton textile that’s been pleated and pinched into a taper, It is then accented with a 1960s vintage sterling silver concho paired with a strand of handmade beads of rondelle onyx, saucer coral, heishi turquoise and sterling silver.
The Badlands is finished with a special co-branded premium leather sweatband and deluxe quality satin liner. It comes in a custom hat box featuring hand-applied stamps and a topographical map of Pikes Peak—where, in the early 1860s, John B. Stetson created the first-ever Stetson hat.
This hat is part of The Upcycle Collection, a capsule of ten vintage Stetsons that have been reimagined and reborn in partnership with Ben Fife of Westward Leather Company of Spokane, Washington. Each hat has been cleaned, steamed and re-shaped using handmade hat blocks and finished with globally sourced textiles and design accents from Fife’s personal collection. The results are one-of-a-kind wearable works of art, each with its own unique character and story.
Due to the special nature of this item, all sales are final.
- Vintage Stetson Fur Felt Hat (ca. 1970s), Meticulously Restored and Reimagined by Ben Fife of Westward Leather Co.
- Size 7 ⅜
- 5 ¾” Modified “Lazy V” Crown
- 3 ¾” Flat Brim
- Vintage Hand-Blocked Discharge Cotton Band with Sterling Silver Concho (ca. 1960s)
- Rondelle Onyx, Saucer Coral, Heishi Turquoise & Sterling Silver Beads
- Stetson X WLC Genuine Leather Sweatband
- Satin Liner
- Custom Co-Branded Upcycle Collection Hat Box
- Handmade in the U.S.A.